Changeable British weather can throw all kinds of challenges at your outdoor spaces, whether you have a large lawn, a few green areas or a landscaped garden outside your premises. A lawn alone can face winter frost, scorching heat that dries it out and occasional flooding from heavy downpours.
Whether you have a school, university, care home, hospital, hotel, office building, residential block or retail park, if your grounds have suffered from adverse weather, it can give a below-par first impression to visitors, clients or business partners. There is also an added health and safety risk to icy or mossy car parks and footpaths. Using a professional team takes this worry out of your hands and means your green spaces can look attractive all year round.
Here is a quick season by season look at how a high-quality grounds maintenance service can prepare and keep your outdoor spaces in tip-top condition, whatever the weather:
- Gritting and snow clearance to keep your car parks and footpaths safe for everyone
- Repairing potholes in car parks which often appear after harsh winter weather and can damage vehicles.
- Carefully selecting and planting trees, shrubs and flowers to create an attractive environment all year round.
- Effective weed control and prevention to keep the area tidy and attractive – whether it is common pests, such as dandelions, or more challenging opponents like Japanese Knotweed or Himalayan Balsam.
- Specialist clearance of overgrown areas, using modern techniques and tools.
- Mowing, hedge-cutting, pruning and generally keeping every edge and corner in good shape.
- Using the latest treatments to ensure your lawn stays green and lush and moss-free, even in the driest of conditions.
- Fast and effective clearing of fallen leaves.
- High-quality gutter cleaning and gutter maintenance.
- Pressure-washing footpaths and car parking areas.
Ryemead can provide all these services. We also have a specialist service for schools, colleges and universities where we take extra care that work is carried out in a way that does not disrupt lessons, lectures or day to day activities. This includes, in addition to the above, litter picking and fencing services.
Grounds maintenance – where to find out more
Our specialist exterior operation provides a complete Commercial Grounds Maintenance service for all outdoor space. Our services range from weed control, grounds maintenance, planting, winter ground maintenance and preparation. Our customers include commercial units, offices, business parks, campuses, residential blocks, retail parks and hotels as well as public buildings, hospitals and care homes.
Image: Holyhead Primary Academy – Holyhead Road, Wednesbury by ell brown licensed under Creative Commons 4.0