Window condensation can be quite unsightly, especially in a hotel environment. If you have guests paying a great deal of money to stay in your hotel, you don’t want them staring out of grubby looking windows. While window condensation can be ugly, it can also be damaging to older windows when it causes rotting of wooden frames, interior condensation, and plaster damage.
What causes window condensation?
As hotel window cleaning experts, we have seen condensation a great deal. The reasons for condensation can vary. For instance, interior window condensation is a result of too much moisture within the building. It usually shows itself in the winter when warm air inside makes contact with a cold window pane. Exterior window condensation is usually dew and is a result of the window being colder than the dewpoint. If you have condensation between panes, it could mean one of two things:
* The seal between the two window panes is damaged, or;
* The window’s inner desiccant is saturated.
Below are some quick tips for beating window condensation this season:
- Turn down the humidifier which in turn will reduce moisture released into the air.
- Install bathroom fans to help remove moisture from the air when guests have a shower/bath.
- Include fan circulation as part of your cleaning routine. Turning the fans on in a clockwise direction in each room every day will help to circulate air.
- Turn up the heat! Raising the temperature of the windows will reduce condensation. You can increase the temperature of your windows by increasing the central heating temperature or using curtains and blinds.
1. Have Rain-X or similar applied to the exterior of your hotel’s windows. This type of chemical ensures that water and condensation simply run off the window surface without gathering.
2. Opt for regular professional hotel window cleaning services. By regularly cleaning exterior windows, unsightly condensation can be quickly and effectively removed.
Get professional window cleaning and maintenance advice at Ryemead Cleaning.
Neet to get on top of your hotel window cleaning? Chat with the cleaning professionals at Ryemead Cleaning today.
How to beat window condensation – where to find out more
To find out more about our commercial window cleaning services, please visit the web page.
Our site surveys are provided at no cost. They enable us to fully assess your requirements and understand all access points and facility details. After the survey we provide a detailed estimate outlining your requests and our recommendations.